PENYAYANG aspires to bring cheers and joy to the less fortunate and disadvantaged Malaysians. Its community development programmes focus on the upliftment of the social economic status of the urban poor, has been impactful and needs constant support.
- To identify urban poor families and underserved individuals as recipients of the programme
- To do research and to identify the needs of these families
- To bring cheer to the families especially during festive seasons
- To collect data on the families for future programmers and for follow up activities
SENIOR CITIZEN CARE
- Volunteers visit the individual homes of the senior citizens who live on their own. Volunteers assist the senior citizens with household chores – such as cleaning, sprucing up their gardens and tidying up their places.
- Upon request, volunteers attend to their special requests, such as transportation to the government hospitals for their appointments, to the Jabatan Kebajikan Masyarakat Office or to the neighborhood grocers.
- PENYAYANG adopted Rumah Sejahtera Seri Kembangan, a senior citizen home in its vicinity and visits the home.
- PENYAYANG organized a sewing class program for the students from the B40 Group.