Our activities and programmes focus on the following areas:
Our Community Work focuses on the following activities:
Towards developing a CARING SOCIETY (MASYARAKAT PENYAYANG)
Yayasan Budi Penyayang Malaysia (PENYAYANG) is actively involved in community programmes. Through its programmes, PENYAYANG aspires to bring cheer and joy to less fortunate and needy Malaysians. Its community development programmes focus on the upliftment of the social economic status of the urban poor.
- To assist needy Malaysians
- To uplift the social economic status of the urban poor
- To offer opportunities for Malaysians to volunteer their services through community work.
Culture & Heritage
PENYAYANG subscribes to the promotion of Malaysian Culture, Arts and Heritage. In full realization of its constraints and limitations, PENYAYANG focuses on promoting Malaysia Batik and Peranakan culture and heritage.
- To promote Malaysia Batik and the batik industry
- To foster closer ties amongst the batik fraternity
- To revitalise the Peranakan heritage in Malaysia
- To create a network amongst Malaysians who are enthusiastic about Malaysia Batik and Peranakan culture and heritage.
PENYAYANG PESAKIT KANSER has been set up to enable collaborations with various agencies and organisations to facilitate the implementation of initiatives to facilitate the recovery of cancer patients.
- To organize and manage volunteers in order to execute effective patient support programmes
- To provide relevant support for patients and their families.
- To facilitate the recovery of cancer patients
- To serve as a support group at local hospitals
TUTUR is an early intervention aural rehabilitory programme for hearing-impaired children who have had cochlea implants.
PENYAYANG collaborated with the National University of Malaysia (UKM) to organise programmes and activities towards the betterment of the lives of these hearing-impaired children.
- To plan and implement programmes towards the nurturing and development of children with hearing loss
- To enable parents to facilitate the development of the auditory-verbal communication of the hearing-impaired children
- To engage the expertise of the relevant industries
- To develop a community which is supportive of the hearing-impaired children